Triathlon Skills Training Camp… give us a day and we’ll maximize your potential on race day!
Are you ready to take your triathlon training and performance to another level? Join us Saturday May 18, 2019 at Cathedral Camp in East Freetown, MA for an in-depth, skills oriented training camp led by the coaches of Breakthrough Performance Coaching and co-hosted by Sun Multisport Events. This camp includes a a combination of classroom instruction and active swim, bike & run training. If you’re a triathlete who wants better results from your training and an opportunity for structured learning from knowledgeable coaches in a fully supported environment, this camp is for you!
Cathedral Camp is home of the award winning Patriot Half which makes this camp especially valuable for anyone training for the 2019 Patriot Half as it includes swimming, cycling and running on parts of the course you will encounter on race day. Not racing Patriot? Not a worry… attend the Triathlon Skills Training Camp and you’ll leave more confident and more prepared to tackle your next race while getting the most out of a big training day with like-minded athletes and experienced coaches.
The Triathlon Skills Training Camp is ideal for any triathlete who wants better results from their training. This is not a camp for the first-time triathlete as the focus will be on elevating one’s existing knowledge of triathlon training and racing. Still not sure if this camp is right for you? Email your questions about the camp to Jeffrey Capobianco, BPC head coach, at jeffrey@BreakthroughPerformanceCoaching.com.
Event Date and Location: The Triathlon Skills Training Camp is Saturday, May 18, 2019. The site of the camp is Cathedral Camp located at 167 Middleboro Road in East Freetown, MA on the shores of Long Pond.
The Triathlon Skills Training Camp is a USAT sanctioned camp. USAT Annual members will need to have a valid USAT license on the day of the camp. If you are not an annual member, you will be required to purchase a 1-day USAT license for $15. The full day camp fee includes structured instruction from the experienced coaches of Breakthrough Performance Coaching, snacks, Blue Ribbon BBQ at the end of the camp and some swag!
2019 registration fees are listed below.
Full Day Camp – Individual:
- $175 from opening of registration through 2/28/19
- $185 from 3/1/18 through 4/30/19
- $195 until close of online registration 5/17/19 at 6pm EST.
Full Day Camp – You and Friend:
Sign up with a friend and save!
- $330 from opening of registration through 2/28/19
- $350 from 3/1/19 through 4/30/19
- $365 until close of online registration 5/17/19 at 6pm EST.
Open Water Swim Clinic – Individual
- $45 until close of online registration 5/17/19 at 6pm EST.
Below is the camp schedule from the 2018 training camp. The 2019 camp schedule will be similar, but is subject to revision. Also note that actual timing may vary on the day of camp based on camper interests and needs.
- 7:30am-7:45am: Registration/check-in.
- 7:45am-8:00am: Introduction and camp overview.
- 8:00am-9:15am: Open water swim clinic; campers to be grouped based on ability and comfort level; session to cover entering and exiting the water, drafting, sighting and wetsuit removal.
- 9:15am-10:00am: Setting up your transition area and transition practice.
- 10:00am-11:00am: Cycling skills clinic; session to include bike handling, dealing with mechanical issues and navigating the water bottle exchange.
- 11:00am-2:00pm: Ride on the Patriot Half bike course; distances to vary; campers to be grouped based on speed and fitness; session to include key riding cues and USAT rules and appropriate race intensity efforts on the road.
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: Run on the Patriot Half run course; distances to vary; campers to be grouped based on speed and fitness; coaches to review T2, heat management, nutrition and run form.
- 3:00pm-4:30pm: Debriefing and Q&A followed by food & refreshments courtesy of Blue Ribbon BBQ.
The Triathlon Skills Training Camp is based at Cathedral Camp in East Freetown, MA, about 50 miles directly south of Boston and 40 miles east of Providence, RI. The street address is 167 Middleboro Road, East Freetown, MA.
If driving from the Boston area…
Take I-93 South to Rte 24 South to Route 140 South (exit 12). Take Rte 140 to exit 8 for Chace Road, East Freetown/Lakeville. Coming off the exit make a right on Chace Road. Go straight through the next intersection where Chace Road becomes Mason Road and take Mason Road to the end (< 1 mile). At the end of Mason Road make a left onto Middleboro Road and Cathedral Camp will be about 1 mile down the road on your left at 167 Middleboro Road.
If driving from Providence…
Take I-195 East to exit 14 and at the end of the ramp take a left at the stop sign, go under I-195 and take an immediate left to get back onto I-195 heading south (this is necessary because exit 13B for Rte 140 is closed for construction). Take Rte 140 North to exit 8 for Chace Road, East Freetown/Lakeville. Coming off the exit make a left on Chace Road. Go straight through the next intersection where Chace Road becomes Mason Road and take Mason Road to the end (< 1 mile). At the end of Mason Road make a left onto Middleboro Road and Cathedral Camp will be about 1 mile down the road on your left at 167 Middleboro Road.
Event Cancellation and Refunds: If the camp is canceled for any reason including but not limited to inclement weather, terrorism, factors beyond our control, all efforts will be made to re-schedule the camp for another date. Registered campers will receive a credit for either the re-scheduled date or the for the date of the 2019 Triathlon Skills Training Camp. No refunds will be issued.
Deferral requests: Deferral requests must be submitted in writing to info@SunMultisportEvents.com no less than 30 days prior to the camp. Deferrals may be granted under certain circumstances (e.g. injury, pregnancy, military transfer) at the discretion of Event Management. An athlete that is granted a deferral will be required to pay a $25 administrative fee when they redeem the deferred entry for the following year’s race camp.
The exchange, transfer or sale of entries to other athletes: The exchange, transfer or sale of entries to other athletes is strictly prohibited.
Breakthrough Performance Coaching, LLC is a high-touch endurance coaching service. BPC has a reputation as a comprehensive coaching service that will leave no stone unturned to ensure that athletes reach their athletic potential. With education and experience encompassing physiology, nutrition, data analysis, mental preparation, and race execution, the coaches of BPC will be there every step of the way to help you be unstoppable on race day.
BPC coaches on hand for the Triathlon Skills Training Camp include:
- Jeffrey Capobianco: Jeff is BPC owner and holds coaching certifications from IRONMAN, USA Triathlon, and USA Cycling. Jeff has coached hundreds of athletes to IRONMAN PRs, Kona qualifications, and podiums finishes. His first triathlon was IRONMAN Lake Placid in 2005, which he has since done every year since. He has qualified for, and competed in, the Ironman World Championships in Kona 7 times and is a 23x Ironman finisher.
- Susan Sotir: Sue is a USA Triathlon: Level II Certified Coach with a has PhD in PE and concentration in Sport and Exercise Psychology. She is a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association: NSCA-CSCS and brings almost 30 years of experience in sport, coaching, and education. She has worked with beginners seeking fitness, youth and junior elites, competitive adults, and professional athletes. She has been a member of the coaching staffs for the USA Triathlon Northeast Regional Development Camps, the Northeast Collegiate Draft Legal Triathlon Camp, the USA Triathlon Junior Elite Specialty Camps, as well as age group, high school, and masters swim teams.
- Kristen Lamb: Kristen holds certifications from Ironman and USA Triathlon and has experience coaching athletes training for triathlons of all distances. She was selected as an official Ironman coach at Ironman Mont Tremblant in 2016 and currently teaches indoor Computrainer cycling classes at Perfect Balance Conditioning in Salem, MA. Kristen has competed in the Olympic distance at the AG World Championships in Auckland New Zealand and London with Team USA in 2012 and 2013. Kristen received Honorable Mention recognition from USA Triathlon for the 2010 season and All American for years 2011 – 2017. In 2014, her focus shifted to Ironman and is now a 5X Ironman finisher including one World Championship finish in Kona after qualifying at IM Lake Placid in 2015.